Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Work

Nothing gets me more upset than a lazy co-worker.

Granted not all of us have jobs we adore, or love going to day after day. But at least have enough pride to not do a half-assed job of it.

I have a co-worker that I am not sure knows the meaning of work. When it takes him three hours to do a hour and a half job, what is he up to. I like to avoid certain aspects of the job as well, but I figure hey! The sooner I get it done the sooner it is over. Isn't that the correct attitude?

But, on with the story. I work in a library. We are supposed to wear shoes so that if books fall our feet wont be injured as badly. He wears flip-flops. We are supposed to rotate out the newspapers nightly...He just puts the new one in and leaves the old. We are supposed to alphabetize, and keep organize assigned sections of the library...He has yet to touch his. Trying to help someone find a cd is getting to be ridiculous. When the country, rock, and rap run together you now there are going to be issues.

I don't know. I just hate feeling like I do my job and then start to try to do someone elses just to help out the patrons who come to library.

If you get paid to do something, I figure you should preform the tasks you are getting paid for, and not skimp on the job at hand...

0 comments: